Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Good Luck Chuck Review


I'm embarrassed and sort of disgusted to admit that I'm almost starting to like Dane Cook. Among 2007 roles, he was decent in Mr. Brooks, surprisingly solid in Dan in Real Life and remarkably tolerable here. The movie itself is basically an even dirtier Farrelly brothers movie and has some really funny moments. There is one major problem with the movie: Dan Fogler. If I could pick out one actor from the (very) many films I saw this past year to beat into a coma with a tire iron (or lead pipe or baseball ball or...) Fogler would be the winner. His character is the most foul, distasteful and disgusting character I think I've ever seen in a film. There are scenes in the movie where Cook almost looks depressed to be on the same set as someone delivering Fogler's lines. Alba is, no surprise here, as beautiful and as bad an actress as always. Still Cook's decent comedic timing and some pretty funny jokes made this at least a tolerable way to spend an hour and a half, even if it's a pretty crappy movie overall.

Overall Score: 4/10

No comments: