Saturday, February 9, 2008

Fool's Gold Review


It's really not a good a movie at all but I still had a good time with it. Maybe it's my unending love for the Indiana Jones movies, but I have soft spot in my heart for treasure hunt adventure movies (I even kind of enjoyed the generally reviled Into the Blue). Matthew McConaughey does his usual aloof shirtless stoner routine. Kate Hudson does her usual cute girl romantic comedy routine as well (please somebody get her real acting roles again, she was great in Almost Famous...). Ray Winstone, Donald Sutherland and Ewen Bremner also appear, basically playing roles we've seen them in before (though to his credit Sutherland at least makes his character a bit more interesting than the usual aloof rich father so common in movie-dom). Alexis Dziena is pretty funny, if a bit over the top, as Sutherland's ditzy tabloid celeb daughter. It's all quite beautiful to look at, that's for sure. I'm not really sure what else to say about this one, it's not good but it is good junky fun.

Overall Score: 5/10

No comments: