Thursday, April 17, 2008

The X-Files: I Want To Believe and Other Upcoming Film Trailers

I'm going to try to post trailers for upcoming movies as soon as they leak on the internet, rather than waiting for them to debut in theaters from now on. My first post in this regard kicks off with one of the movies I'm most excited for this year: the second X-Files movie.

The X-Files: I Want to Believe Trailer



Color me officially psyched, it'll be nice to have my all time favorite tv show back... The subtitle is perfect too, great fan service.


Star Wars: The Clone Wars Trailer



Lucasfilm has made the (financially) wise decision to transform the initial episodes of its upcoming Star Wars animated series into a feature film, which is basically a mortal lock to gross over $100 million and sell tremendously well on DVD. The trailer is decent enough and I have fairly high hopes, especially considering the original Clone Wars cartoon show was probably better than the first two films in the prequel trilogy.


The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor Behind-the-Scenes Trailer



I'm a bit sad that Rachel Weisz has been replaced by Maria Bello. Likewise I'm a bit disappointed in the downgrade at director from the mediocre Stephen Somers to the pretty poor Rob Cohen (The Fast and the Furios). Regardless I still think it'll be a pretty amusing trip to the movies.



Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Trailer



This is probably as excited as I'll ever be for a straight-to-DVD release. With the return of the first film's star, Casper Van Dien, and, more importantly, tone and style and a seeming willingness to (mercifully) pretend Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation (a horrible Alien-esque sequel) never happened, I think this has the potentially to be one of the most guiltily enjoyable movies of the entire year.


Babylon A.D. Behind-the-Scenes Trailer



Well this looks pretty awful, I'm inclined to believe the bad buzz surrounding this one and I expect a dud financially and qualitatively.


Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince Behind-the-Scenes Footage



Not much to say, same director and writer as Order of the Phoenix so it should be fairly similar in quality (which is to say nowhere near as good as Alfonso Cuaron's superb Prizoner of Azkaban).


The Oxford Murders Trailer



Looks pretty middling and poor Elijah has to deliver some God-awful lines...


Coraline Clip



Based on a story from one of my favorite writers, Neil Gaiman, I'm hoping this turns out better than Tim Burton's similar and surprisingly mediocre The Corpse Bride.

No comments: