Friday, April 18, 2008

88 Minutes Review


Well this manages to reach a special place in my icy black heart as the rare movie this year that I'll think is WORSE then 10,000 B.C. I sure as hell hope Al Pacino received a nice huge paycheck for this one, because there is no other reason I can imagine him taking on this atrocious project. Literally every technical aspect of the film, from direction to script supervision, is horrid. The screenplay is so contrived and devoid of any narrative logic that I actually felt physically ill while watching this junk. I'm inclined to believe that all of the mediocre young actors in this (such as Benjamin Mackenzie from The O.C. or Leelee Sobieski) chose this project for the opportunity to work with Pacino and not because they thought it was a good idea. This makes a season of 24 seem like a perfectly reasonable and believable depiction of the day by comparison. I had been very excited for the upcoming film Righteous Kill which reunites Al Pacino and Robert De Niro, but after realizing this garbage and Kill share a director it's fair to say my hopes are dashed. This is likely the worst film Pacino has ever been in and is one of the worst of the year. Avoid it.

Overall Score: 2/10

No comments: