Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Senior Skip Day Review


Perhaps it's from 2500 words on Indiana Jones wearing me down but I just don't have much of anything to say about this one. Very easily this could have been an American Pie direct-to-DVD sequel in plot and sense of humor (which isn't praise really, just an observation). Gary Lundy, who looks like Ryan Reynolds crossed with someone who plays Dungeons and Dragons for six hours a day, seems to be trying to channel Van Wilder-style humor, and gets the occasional laugh. Whiny Tara Reid appears in a glorified cameo, unsurprisingly she's still a bad actress. Anyone else think she regrets complaining about returning to the American Pie sequel now? Lea Thompson is also present though she doesn't do much other than remind me how cute she was in Back to the Future. The rest of the supporting players are pretty terrible. The flick also, distractingly, constantly breaks the fourth wall, each time to the effect of killing whatever minimal immersion it had achieved. I guess it's not the worst teen-sex comedy I've ever seen, but I can't really recommend it at all.

Overall Score: 3/10

No comments: