Friday, August 1, 2008
Step Up 2 the Streets Review
Step Up 2 the Streets tells the story of a girl who is forced to leave the streets to join an artistic school and brings her own brand of dance with her.
- Some of the dance scenes are surprisingly exciting.
- Though I wouldn't call them good actors leads Briana Evigan and Robert Hoffman have good chemistry and seem to at least be trying.
- The story is as cliche and by the numbers as any I've ever seen following all the typical traits of an American romantic comedy and a sports movie perfectly.
- It's sad when the Channing Tatum cameo is one of the most compelling scenes in a movie.
- The non-lead actors are almost entirely terrible.
- It was much better than I expected but it's still a pretty poor movie. You can certainly find a better way to spend 98 minutes of your life.
Overall Score: 4/10
Rumor has it that the next outing for this insanely profitable series will be in 3D.